
Since jyjey beat my old time, I decided that I should try my luck at this chamber again. Luckily, this chamber is becoming less about luck the more I play it. The reportal shot is pretty consistent for me now, leaving the elevator escape as the biggest challenge. Since the elevator escape happens pretty fast in this run, I should probably explain exactly what happens. If you just normally press the button in the elevator, there is a clip brush (invisible wall) that appears to prevent you from leaving. It is possible to move towards the exit while pressing the button, and have your body be occupy the same space as the clip brush when it appears. This traps you in the space between the elevator and the free space outside, killing you when the elevator goes up. It is also possible to trap yourself outside of the gap between the elevator and outside, where the elevator can pass by while you are trapped in the invisible wall. This involves almost perfect timing. In either case, the only way you can stop being stuck in the invisible wall is to shoot both portals on any surface. Since the distance between dying and staying alive in the wall is pretty small, it's hard to tell if I'm going to get killed by the elevator or stay safely outside. For this reason, I always shoot the second portal pretty randomly; if I miss, I die and restart unless I had perfect timing on the button. If I did have perfect timing, I can just shoot another so who cares. In both cases it is totally harmless so why not just try and make some crazy shot where I don't aim. tl;dr I don't aim because I don't need to Learderboard: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/Porta... Fun fact, I beat the illegitimate time that formerly held #3 on the leaderbord. Jyjey is actually the current second place.
Portal 2 Cave Johnson Former World Record (46.26s) - YouTube |
| 15 Likes | 15 Dislikes |
| 1,089 views views | 164 followers |
| Gaming | Upload TimePublished on 8 Aug 2012 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét